News
Clean Energy Collective Celebrates Grand Opening of the Colorado Springs Community-Owned Solar Garden
Monday, December 17, 2012

Clean Energy Collective Celebrates
Grand Opening of the Colorado Springs
Community-Owned Solar Garden

Public welcome to participate and learn more about
community-owned solar

Click here for a Printable PDF Invitation and Directions

Press Release

CARBONDALE, Colo. -- Leading community-owned solar garden developer Clean Energy Collective (CEC) is celebrating the grand opening of Colorado Springs Community-Owned Solar Farm, a 2,210-panel, 500 kW array that will generate clean, locally-made power for more than 100 participating Colorado Springs Utilities customers.

The celebration is Tuesday, December 18 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The Colorado Springs Community Owned Solar Garden is located in south Colorado Springs on the east side of I25, just south of the Stratmoor Valley Subdivision. Featured speakers will include representatives from CSU, City Coucil, and statewide industry leaders. Guided educational tours of the facility will be provided. The event is free and open to the public. Click here for more information.

This is a significant milestone in Colorado's quest for a "New Energy Economy" because while nine out of 10 people in the U.S. say they want to produce their own renewable power through solar, only 20% really can. The remaining 80% face unworkable barriers like shady roofs, they are renters, or they lack the financial capability. Community solar removes those barriers by allowing 100% of electricity ratepayers the opportunity to own clean, locally-produced energy.

Unlike leasing options, the Clean Energy Collective model will provide any ratepayer in the CSU territory the opportunity to own panels in this array-as few as one panel or as many to completely offset the energy needs of their home or business-and receive credit for the power directly on their CSU utility bill. The panels are guaranteed for 50 years, and if needed, can be transferred to another residence within the utility territory, sold or donated.

"This is a way for Colorado Springs residents to be able to have affordable power and to be able to participate and feel good about how they're generating their energy," said CEC founder and president Paul Spencer. "You don't even need a roof to adopt clean energy today, and the paybacks are higher than ever - both for the environment and financially" Spencer added.

More information about the Colorado Springs Community Owned Solar Garden can be found at www.SpringsCleanEnergy.com

About Clean Energy Collective
Colorado-based Clean Energy Collective is a developer of community-based renewable energy facilities and a national leader in community power generation. CEC pioneered the model of delivering clean power-generation through large-scale facilities that are collectively owned by participating utility customers. The CEC's proprietary RemoteMeterĀ® system automatically calculates monthly credits and integrates with existing utility billing systems, enabling all utility customers to easily have clean, renewable power credited directly on their monthly utility bills, without modifying their home or office. www.easycleanenergy.com

: Colorado Springs Community Solar Array
CEC's Colorado Springs Community-Owned Solar Farm, East of I-25, South of Colorado Springs

Speakers at the event will include:

------------------------------------

Media Contact
Tim Braun, b2,inc.
(970) 618-0080
tbraun@b2inc.net


For more information, contact:
Clean Energy Collective
Phone: 1-800-646-0323
Email: info@springscleanenergy.com
Web: www.SpringsCleanEnergy.com

Visit Our Social Networks
Facebook | Twitter | CEC Blog

CEC News
Contact | Privacy | Terms of Use Ā© 2013 Clean Energy Collective. All Rights Reserved.